Weeki Wachee North is centrally located on the west coast of Florida, 15 miles east of the Gulf of Mexico, 45 minutes north of Tampa and 60 miles west of Orlando. We are conveniently located off U.S. 19, north of Hwy 50, and six and a half miles north of the Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, home of the “Live Mermaids.” We are part of Hernando County, Florida’s Adventure Coast, the center for outdoor activities. Hernando County has an abundant amount of conservation lands, wildlife refuge parks, and nature preserves. The coast is known for some of the best fresh and saltwater fishing, boating, canoeing and kayaking in the state. If golf is your game, Hernando County has 17 well-designed golf courses. Florida’s Adventure Coast is a great place to find the best outdoor fun and adventures to fit your active lifestyle!
We are a “55+ Active Community” owned and operated by a family who brings over six decades of experience managing and operating communities in Florida and throughout the Midwest. Weeki Wachee North is a beautifully maintained residential community. We are nestled among beautiful, rolling hills with some of the best outdoor recreational opportunities, including swimming, snorkeling, canoeing, kayaking, boating, fishing and hunting. We are close to shopping, restaurants, state parks, boat ramps, golf courses, sporting events, healthcare facilities and wildlife refuges. Our family takes pride in managing a community where we provide a safe, well-maintained neighborhood where convenience and a simpler lifestyle are top priorities!
Transportation is widely available as well:
- A Greyhound station is located in Spring Hill, a quick 15 minute drive from the Community
- Amtrak provides passenger rail service; the Tampa Station Building is located at 601 North Nebraska Ave in Tampa an hour drive from the Community
- Tampa International Airport is one of the top 3 airports in North America and top 5 in the world just 60 miles south of the Community
- St Pete-Clearwater International Airport provides non-stop service between Tampa Bay and convenient destinations throughout the US and Canada
- Interstate 75, and the Veterans Expressway/Suncoast Parkway (SR 589), the north south toll road near the Florida Gulf Coast runs through Hernando County